Lost my PIN, locked out, I just put in funds

I don’t understand the PIN thing, and apparently the device allowed me to continue with the wrong PIN. Right up until today when I deposited funds into it! I have my recovery words, but I don’t want to wipe my device. Is that the only option with a lost PIN? Will I lost my funds? Scary messages about wiping the device and all funds being lost.

What the heck can I do? I just don’t understand this, the instructions are not clear at all. Luckily I was able to cancel the transaction, so for now the Trezor is empty. So I guess I can wipe it now. WHEW! But what about next time? Which will be the next time, because no matter how many times I read the instructions, I just don’t get the PIN thing. The videos are useless to me. I need a play by play. “Now I want to set my PIN as 1234, so here’s what my Treznor screen looks like, and here’s how I enter that PIN. Now here is how I re-enter that same PIN, but with different numbers on the screen.” kind of thing.

There is NO WAY I am using this wallet until this gets sorted out. So for now it’s just a cat toy.

But what is the deal with the PIN? I don’t get it at all. Can someone Facetime me and direct me so I can understand? I thought I got it, but all my entries are wrong.

1 Like

@Daizen

Pin (read it is very well explained)

The number order when setting the pin is changed ramdomly for your protection, to avoid keyloggers etc.

Check for step by step config

ps: 1234 Pin better not to have pin.
Remenber to do your research

1 Like

@Daizen be carefull with Ddepiodev that is not oficial trezor support and the link is a scam

I allready flagged it

1 Like

Yes thank you I realize 1234 is a bad PIN, it was just for a simple example. So I press whatever PIN I choose, regardless of where the numbers are. I thought I was doing this! I think I am still confused on that.

Bigger question is if I wipe the Trezor One, do I lose everything? I have my recovery 24 words. I read conflicting reports, some say if you wipe the device you lose everything, and other places say you can recover with the 24 words. Which is true?

please, see this video on how to set and enter PIN, yes, you will always be able to restore your wallet with 24 words. You will just choose to recover the wallet.

1 Like

Okay thank you I get it. I apologize for being so obtuse.

if you want to use keyboard it is mentioned in this manual:

If you are entering the numbers using the numpad on your keyboard, you also have to visualize the nine keypads on your keyboard as empty tiles. Again, you have to match the position of digits shown on your Trezor device screen. This position is randomly shuffled every time you connect your device.

@Daizen maybe this is the solution for you

I have my recovery words, but I don’t want to wipe my device. Is that the only option with a lost PIN? Will I lost my funds? Scary messages about wiping the device and all funds being lost.

If you have your recovery/seed words (this is the most important backup of your wallet) then just recovery your funds to another wallet like

After you do this go back to your trezor.

Now you can test the Pin function all the ways you wish with keyboard mouse on trezor etc… and figure out how it works. Just play/test it.

Because you have access to your funds on another wallet now you can test all you want.

Trezor video shared by forgi answers this on the first minutes

ps: as long as your recovery/seed words are correct
ps: remenber dyor