Issue with Trezor Suite

I’ve tried to eject my trezor wallets however there is a blank slot that fills in.

I’m unable to access my wallets now as they just od note load after entering in the final phrase.

Uninstalling doesn’t resolve the issue as data is somehow stored about the trezor and I cannot connect manually entering in the passphrase.

Managed to restore it via app, but where does it store data that it keeps remembering it

Hi @ghost020,

I would like to ask you if you can access your wallets through the web version of Trezor Suite? The web version can be found here: Trezor Suite

Please note that you need Trezor Bridge installed on your computer for the web version. You can download it from this source: Trezor Bridge

Trezor Suite desktop app stores data in AppData folder “@trezor”. Try to uninstall your Trezor Suite desktop application (and also Trezor Bridge), find folder “AppData” > “Roaming” > “@trezor” and delete the folder “@trezor” if it is still there. After you delete this folder, install Trezor Suite desktop app again (you can find the latest installation file here: https://suite.trezor.io/)

You can find instructions on how to find “AppData” folder here: AppData – Where to Find the AppData Folder in Windows 10