I have lost my private keys

Hi Support, i have lost my private keys giving to me at my initial device setup, but however my trazor wallet is still active and very functional, is it possible to recover my private keys it?

Helllo @11201437HI

If you have lost your keys/recovery seed what you should do is move your funds to another wallet out of trezor so you can start a new trezor wallet wich will give you a new recovery seed. After this you can transfer your funds on to the new trezor wallet.

check the lost recovery seed

good luck

So are you saying, I should buy a new trezor device. And throw this my current device away after moving out my funds.

Is there no way I can get my recovery seed back? Using this my current device.

Please I need answers

I was thinking If I do factory reset (wipe) my current device, when setting up my device again they will give me a new recovery seed.

No. You may buy a new Trezor device and move your funds to that one, but you can also move your funds to a software wallet or online exchange temporarily. Then you can move these funds back to your newly setup Trezor with a new Recovery seed (after a Factory reset).

No. But so long as it’s working you can move your funds to a temporary place.

Please don’t do that yet. If you that before you move your funds to a temporary place, then you’ll lose all those funds.

This is what you should do:

1. Move your funds from current Trezor device to, say, the Trust software wallet.
  2. Do a Factory reset of your current Trezor device.
  3. Disconnect and reconnect your current Trezor device from the USB cable.
  4. Set up your current Trezor device from the start (as described in the leaflet included in your original Trezor package).
  5. Choose to make a new Recovery seed, instead of recover an existing wallet.
  6. Be sure to write down the new Recovery seed during the backup procedure in setup.
  7. Disconnect and reconnect your current Trezor device from the USB cable.
  8. Update to the latest Firmware on your current Trezor device.
  9. Update to the latest Trezor suite for desktop software, if you’re going to use that, or the latest Trezor bridge, if you’re going to use the Trezor suite for web in a browser.
  10. Disconnect and reconnect your current Trezor device to the USB cable.
  11. Login with your PIN.
  12. Move your funds back from Trust (or wherever you put them) back to your current Trezor device.

If you choose to use another/new Trezor device as a temporary place for your funds, the procedure is the same, just replace “Trust” (above) with “New Trezor device”.

1 Like

Thank you, I understand perfectly well now.