How to make a Hidden walle to NON HIDEEND?

How to make a Hidden walle to NON HIDEEND ? in trezor suite?

Hei @GODWILL

If i am not mistaken you should transfer the funds from hidden wallet to standard wallet and then you can delete the hidden wallet.

I don’t think its possible to change the nature of the wallet. If you create a hidden wallet it will always be a hidden wallet.

Also check this Passphrase

:muscle:t5:

you can’t delete hidden wallet, just transfer coins to standard wallet and don’t use the hidden one. You can disable passphrase then in the settings.

1 Like

thanks for clarifying @forgi

much appreciated :ok_hand:t5:

the hidden wallet is tha i use in metamask , so i need it

so what exactly is your issue? You cannot find the hidden wallet?

If that is the case, yo are using wrong passphrase.

before was in metamask, now is not after i reinstal metamask

i need the hidden wallet cause is the one where my coins are in metamask in BSC.

MY PROBLEM IS THAT THE HIDDEND WALET ITS NOT ANYMORE IN METAMASK

the problem is that the hidden wallet its not anymore in etamask, i have somecoin in BSC, for an error i have to delete metamask and instal again, and that is when the wallet gone.

Theoretically, this is possible. But I don’t know exactly how to do it.
You need to convert a 13/25 word passphrase to a 128 or 256 bit key, and then convert that key to a 12 or 24 word passphrase. Then restore the wallet from this phrase.

@Lurker no, it is not possible

@GODWILL you are using wrong passphrase, that is why you can’t find the address

1 Like

Why is it impossible? as far as I understand, the key obtained from 12 and from 13 words is no different

you cannot convert or change your private key, plus what would be the point? If you don’t want hidden wallet then just don’t use it and disable it. If you want to delete it in MM you can, but it only removes it from the interface.

The OPs problem is that he can not find the address, so it is wrong passphrase.

1)I can convert the key to a passphrase. I do this every time I generate a wallet.
I can convert the passphrase to a key. I do this every time I restore my wallet.
2)The goal may be to move funds from a hidden wallet to a new regular one without commission.

can you describe exactly what and how are you doing?

addresses are derived from private key (or private key+passphrase)

addresses are derived from private key (or private key+passphrase)
Not certainly in that way. As far as I understand the address is ALWAYS obtained ONLY from the private key.
But you (technically your wallet) can generate a new private key from the old private key and passphrase.
This makes it theoretically possible to convert a hidden wallet to a non-hidden wallet (if you know passphrase). In practice, I did not do this due to lack of necessity.

you still did not describe the process…

When first initialized, a Trezor device generates a random number which is converted into a mnemonic sentence (recovery seed) and stored in the memory. Subsequently, whenever the device is used, it derives a cryptocurrency wallet from a magical formula; mnemonic+passphrase (extremely simplified).

If the user did not input any passphrase (default setting), an empty string "" is used. When the feature is activated, the user is prompted to enter the passphrase which is then combined with the recovery seed on the device, and a new wallet is generated.

whole point of this topic is that user cannot find hidden wallet, there isn’t any “conversion” that can help, it is because the passphrase is wrong, only way to find it is correct passphrase, standard wallet has different addresses (they are two separate wallets basically)

When first initialized, a Trezor device generates a random number which is converted into a mnemonic sentence (recovery seed) and stored in the memory. Subsequently, whenever the device is used, it derives a cryptocurrency wallet from a magical formula; mnemonic+passphrase (extremely simplified).

As far as I know it’s not mnemonic+passphrase. It’s previously generated rundom number+passphrase.
Mnemonic is only way for human to input and output this rundom number without errors.

When the feature is activated, the user is prompted to enter the passphrase which is then combined with the recovery seed on the device, and a new wallet is generated.

As i know it’s not 1 step. it’s 2 steps.
1)generate new number from old rundom number+passphrase.
2)generate wallet from new number.

Nothing forbids instead of the second step not to generate a wallet, but to convert the number to mnemonic.

can you describe exactly what and how are you doing?

I don’t understand what exactly?

whole point of this topic is that user cannot find hidden wallet, there isn’t any “conversion” that can help

I don’t understand English well. Maybe I didn’t understand something?

1. I agree with you that I don’t know the passphrase, you can’t get funds from the hidden wallet in any way.
  2. I did not find any mention that the problem is that the passphrase is unknown. I found a mention that a third-party wallet does not work with a hidden phrase for some reason.
  3. As I understand it, you need to convert the mnemonics + passphrase into an equivalent mnemonic (old mnemonic + passphrase = new mnemonic)

you said you are doing some kind of “conversion” all the time, I want to know how and what exactly.

you are just saying the same thing as I did just in different words, I said the random number is generated converted into mnemonic phrase…

He said wallet was in metamask, then he reinstalled it and now it is not there.