How can I move my BTC directly from one seedphrase of a lost Trezor device to another Trezor w/o using a 'go-between wallet'?

I lost one of my Trezor devices, but have the seed phrase & passphrase.
Can I gain control over the lost device BTC from my second Trezor device.
I know how to do this using a ‘go-between’ wallet, but would prefer to do the move directly from Trezor to Trezor. Is it possible? thank you.

Hi @jasometer,

Yes, this is easy. Just set up your new Trezor with the Recovery seed you had on the now lost Trezor. In Setup you choose to Recover a seed instead of Creating a new seed. When setup is finished you need to use the same Passphrase as before to get access to your Hidden wallet. Your new Trezor will now be a mirror of your lost Trezor.

Remember that your lost Trezor may be found by someone and even if it’s unlikely they’ll be able to login to your account, first with the PIN code and then with your Passphrase, it’s possible. So after you’ve set up your new Trezor and gotten access to your funds, you should move the funds out to a temporary wallet somewhere, wipe your new Trezor and set it up with a new seed and Passphrase. Then move your funds back to the Trezor.

Please ask if anything is unclear.

1 Like

Hi @jasometer,

@Petosiris is right, I just want to add information that if you know your recovery seed to the lost wallet and also to your second Trezor, you can move funds from the lost wallet to your second one (or to a new one backed up with a new recovery seed) easily without a temporary wallet. Information on how to do it can be found in this article (see section “You only have one Trezor available”: https://trezor.io/learn/a/move-crypto-to-a-wallet-with-a-new-seed

I would also like to mention that in case your PIN and passphrase aren’t super-easy to guess, there’s no realistic chance that your wallet can be accessed even if somebody finds your lost Trezor. Anyway, for peace of mind is definitely better to move the funds to your second wallet or to a wallet backed up by new recovery seed as @Petosiris mentioned.

1 Like

Petosiris,
Thank you so much! This is amazing–in retrospect it seems like common sense, but I just did not see it.
Also, very clear & methodical instructions—much thanks!

1 Like

RadekP,
Thank you! Some great additional info to Petrosiris’s direction.
cheers.

1 Like