HELP NEEDED VET sent to MYETHERWALLET through TREZOR T

I sent VET to an ETH wallet using Myethereumwallet and my trezor t. My VET is stuck on the ETH address and I need to get a keystore to get it back. How can I get my keystore from my trezor t if I am using a shamir passphrase system instead of only one phrase. I have seen people that use one phrase be able to get their keystore from BIP39 software.

I’ve done the same thing as dewpzy did above. I could really use some help, as I’ve stranded 3500 VET because I didn’t do my homework on VET not being ERC20. :frowning:

I’ve now gotten–I believe–my master secret and my BIP39 seed. So I’m closer, after days and days of struggle.

The iancoleman site is a little confusing, because I don’t know whether to use BIP44 or BIP49, honestly.

Also, my Trezor Model T that I’d attempted to send this to…I used a passphrase on that target account. Where would that come into play here? I don’t see that the iancoleman site has a way to use that kind of a thing.

FInally, when I do generate addresses+keys on the iancoleman site, shouldn’t I see the target “to” address somewhere in the list, if I’m doing it correctly? Because I never do.

I’d take anything. Any advice, any clues, anything. I thought I was home free when I got the master secret and the BIP39 seed. Apparently not.

Thanks so much.

Hi @breck

If you missed the swap, please search for instructions / guide to the VeChain VEN to VET token swap.

This process may require extracting private keys from your mnemonic recovery seed. There are third-party tools capable of deriving the individual private keys from your recovery seed. However, we are not able to evaluate or guarantee the safety of such services, therefore we cannot recommend using them. We do not encourage Trezor users to export any private keys from the recovery seed because you can compromise it this way.

I recommend you do careful research and make a judgment on your behalf.

If you decide to export your seed in order to claim your individual private keys, please do so only after sending all your funds from the wallet associated with your current seed to a newly generated wallet (new seed) to avoid as much unnecessary risk as possible.

Anyway, assuming, you should choose BIP44. To retrieve passphrase protected wallet private keys, passphrase must be entered as well (not recommended for reasons already mentioned, though). If you set up everything correctly, then it will generate the exact same addresses as previously generated by your Trezor device.

Hi, Pavel. Thanks for replying.

Yes, I’ve moved everything off this Trezor. My plan is to wipe/reconfig it after/if I ever recover this VET, so I don’t mind the attempts to extract my keys so much.

The problem is between the Shamir 2of3 setup I did, and the fact that this was a hidden wallet behind a passphrase…there just are not any tools that I’ve found that will help in this situation.

I’ll recap just a few, and the problems with using each one in my situation. This is from a “diary” I’ve been keeping as I work through this fiasco:

• (1) Cannot use iancoleman.io, because while it DOES have a way to provie your PASSPHRASE, it will also then require your mnemonic phrase. And since I used the Shamir backup, my mnemonic words (e.g., “mortgage”) are not recognized by iancoleman. They’re proprietary to Trezor or something.

• (2) Also, unclear whether iancoleman.io would be okay with multiple mnemonic phrases that are 20-words long and not 12- or 24-words long.

• (3) MyCrypto: cannot use because (1) it wants a single seed / recovery phrase, and (2) evidently does not like my first Shamir phrase (probably b/c the wordlist is wrong [see #1 above], or b/c it’s 20-words long and not 12 or 24).

• (4) Pelipro’s Shamir Recovery tool (GitHub - peli-pro/shamir_backup_wallet_recovery_for_SLIP39: A Tutorial for a Shamir Wallet Backup). Will receive 20-word mnemonics, but seems to have no way of also taking into account a hidden wallet’s passphrase.

• (5) cannot use the Shamir recombiner to get a conventional mnemonic (Shamir39 - Mnemonic Code Splitter) because my mnemonic words are Trezor-proprietary or something (see #1 above, “mortgage”).

• (6) cannot use MyEtherWallet b/c it wants either a 12- or 24-word mnemonic. With my Trezor Shamir situation, my phrase is 20 words long, has a passphrase (hidden wallet), and uses a non-conventional wordlist.

So you see, I’ve really painted myself into a corner by (1) sending a non-ERC20 token to my Trezor; (2) using a Shamir backup; and (3) using a hidden wallet. I mean, (2) and (3) are fine if you don’t do what I did.

If you ever run across a tool that can help my situation, Pavel, please let me know!

My risk is low. Everything has been moved to another location. Only the VET remains, orphaned, on my Model T.

Thanks
Breck

Pavel, I got in touch with the creator of the pelipro tool (#4 above) and he told me about a -p switch that can be used with his tool to prompt the user for a passphrase.

That enabled me to generate the REAL secret, then go to iancoleman.io with a good Bip32 root key, and then get a good private key. Then I created a VET wallet and got my VET back.

Thanks for your help. You can close this ticket!

Breck

2 Likes

Hey Breck, I am stuck in exactly same situation. Wondering if you’d be able to guide.

Kindly Advise,

Regards
Akash