Hacked for huge amount...need quick help

Over 13 BTC was drained from my Trezor in 4 separate Txs, less than 24 hours ago. I have been using my Trezor for about 6 years with no trouble, purchased from Satoshi labs. I sent an emergency help request, and got a message that it could take 4 days for a reply. That could be a disaster for me, as time might be of the essence in this situation. Anyone know how to get quicker help?

1 Like

I canā€™t help you with a faster answer from Community Support, but I can link you to some answers here in the forum which you can read in the meantime:

BTW, Iā€™m sorry to hear about your loss of funds and hope you retrieve them somehow.

Thanks so much for trying to help.
Re: there are only 2 possibilities: Someone else used your physical Trezor device to confirm the transaction.
Impossible. I live alone, Iā€™m 80 years old, and never have visitors.
Re: Your recovery seed phrase was compromised, and someone used your private keys to sign the transaction.
Again, my seed was ONLY on paper, in my safe. I donā€™t know about a ā€œprivate keyā€.
The only think I did that I donā€™t usually do is forget to unplug my Trezor after I finished the last small deposit. The draining withdrawals started about 4 hours later.
I no longer believe these Trezors are as secure as they claim they are.

1 Like

Sir, Iā€™m sorry I cannot interfere in an ongoing Support Ticket, I can only link to the most probable answer that is given before in a similar circumstance, which I did above. Please wait for a reply from Customer Support. Thank you and good luck!

I appreciate you trying to help. Your comments and referral were more help than the ā€˜supportā€™ people at Satoshi labs. They advised me to call the police and asked a lot of questions, which I answered in detail. No response since. It looks hopeless, but thank you for your efforts.
BTW, everyone keeps telling me that a Trezor cannot be hacked, that one HAS to be there for a transfer be be approved, and then it can proceed. Donā€™t believe that. They can be hacked. I happened to me. I trusted mine too much, and now I am >300K poorer for it.

I had the same. No one can help us now. (((

What country are you from?

I also answered all the questions SLab, sent all the transactions from TSuite, uploading the log files from my TT, outwardly the photo of the device, itā€™s useless. Could not help in any way in SLabs.
The device does not have a security chip. Anyone can upload a non-original FW with predefined seed words.

only if you buy from unauthorized seller, so where did you buy your device? YOu never answered in the tickets, most likely you bought a fake.

If you have bought Trezor from official source you would be safe.

We informed about fake devices from ozone.ru in our blog some time ago.

Where can I find this publication?

give me a link please

A post was merged into an existing topic: My all tokens were stolen

My Trezor T was hacked last night. At 21.02 I sent some btc ($5,344.91) to Kraken. I duly sold them and withdrew the resulting GBP to my bank in the usual way. This morning I decided to have a look at my Trezor suite, just to make some notes about the transaction. I was horrified to find my remaining balance of btc (I only have/had btc) to the value of $75,537.93 had been removed from my Trezor in an unauthorised transaction - literally whilst I was asleep in bed at 02.10. There is no possibility whatsoever of anyone else using my Trezor. Nor could anyone possibly have found or seen my 12 word seed. I have ā€œOpened a ticketā€ with Trezor who replied they will get back to me in three days. I no longer believe my Trezor to be secure. I think I can pretty much assume my hard earned funds are gone forever. What is the point in digital currency if it is even less safe than a bank.

Please post your Ticket ID here below and wait for reply from Community support. Thank you!

1 Like

I had my wallet hacked and from what i see everyone is between Jan and March right after the breach! Not sure if trezor will give all the details but something fishy! Any update on your situation?

@Petosiris @forgi

just a theory??

the breach gave a list of names and address(they know you own a trezor)

could it be the list are being more highly targeted via fake links,home network attempts,fake trezor firmwear and or apps

yes, we informed about thisā€¦

do I have this other theory right as well?

Due to having the name, address, IP address and location of people that own a trezor

Even if a scammer was able to install a fake trezor app and install a fake piece of firmware into a trezor device itself

YOU WOULD STIIL NEED TO CLICK CONFIRM THE TRACTION ON THE TREZOR ITSELF(a fake app & firmware doesnā€™t mean anything, unless you actually click the device to send or funds to the wrong address) I call this ā€œ The click of deathā€

If you read whatā€™s on the device screen, that is the transaction that will be packaged up and sent to the Blockchain like in this link https://youtu.be/gwLyvZR1KCI?si=hG3Lycd9hfCcga-g

Am I right? @forgi

No.

This is not true, only the email addresses were leaked.

Please read here: https://blog.trezor.io/trezor-security-update-stay-vigilant-against-potential-phishing-attack-bb05015a21f8

It is not possible to install malicious FW remotely (without the userā€™s knowledge) because any such installation wipes the device. Also, you get the message about unofficial FW, because device checks this. Likewise, any fake app must be deliberately installed by the user.

Yes, but most of these phishing attempts aim to steal your recovery seed by just asking for it, unfortunately, some people willingly give their seed away.