First time trezor-T hardware wallet user - connecting to metamask with existing account

Hi guys, I ordered a Trezor T to add security to my already existing metamask account/wallet. I have some coins in that existing account/wallet. I’m confused on how the trezor works with metamask. When I connect it, do I have to transfer all my existing coins into it as a new wallet each individually? Or can I just transfer the whole account in metamask into the Trezor wallet?

trezor does not support NFT !
if you use erc20 chain ,I suggest you use trezor suite first, and send the eth and token in your matamask wallet to the suite to ensure security.
after that ,you can connect trezor to matamask ,choose your eth wallet (the one shows in your suite) from ten adresses .

I am confused on this as well but yes you can import the entire metamask wallet when you set up the trezor by choosing restore from a seed phrase. I am trying to find out if you can do multiple of those. I can’t see any other way to really secure the metamask without just sending the coins out and into trezor.

Here is a webpage I found with instructions, but double check this with others. How to transfer your MetaMask to a Trezor Hardware Wallet | by Lex Luther | Medium

1 Like

I don’t have too many coins so I might just transfer them individually cause I kinda want a whole new seed phrase generated from my Trezor-T instead of using the current one I have for metamask and putting that into my Trezor.

1 Like

Also, have you tried using your Trezor on multiple devices? I want to use it on my windows desktop but also my macbook laptop. Is that possible?

@LukeL
I don’t have too many coins so I might just transfer them individually cause I kinda want a whole new seed phrase generated from my Trezor-T instead of using the current one I have for metamask and putting that into my Trezor.

Your choice is the most correct way!
I use my trezor on my windows computer, Apple computer, and Android phone at the same time. Of course, the data cable to connect to the Android phone needs to be purchased by yourself. I bought two data cables at once because I have two trezor devices. Including shipping costs, these two data lines cost me close to $3.

1 Like

for sure that is preferable. The only reason to do what I said is if you have things in a metamask that can not be moved for examples stakes and you want an extra layer of protection. And yes you can access trezor on many devices.

1 Like