ETH sent/received but not visible (Internal Transaction)

In case you have sent ETH from an exchange to your Trezor and you cannot see it in Suite, and you provided correct receiving address:

1. check your transaction ID here: https://etherscan.io/ (make sure receiving address matches the one in your Trezor)

2. if you see “Internal Tx” tab

It means your Tx is “internal”.

Internal transactions, despite the name, are not actual transactions. They are like a byproduct of smart contract functionality.

The reason why you cannot see an internal transaction in Trezor Wallet/Trezor Suite is the backend that is used. Trezor Ethereum Blockbook at https://eth1.trezor.io/ does not know internal transactions, therefore it is not possible to show them. We are considering adding it in the future, but we cannot give you any ETA when it could be.

Connect your Trezor to one of these applications to see and send your coins:

MetaMask (Apps:MetaMask - Trezor Wiki )
MyEtherWallet (Apps:MyEtherWallet - Trezor Wiki )
MyCrypto (Apps:MyCrypto - Trezor Wiki ).

All of these applications are compatible with the Trezor device.

1 Like

I sent ETH from Bitstamp to Trezor. but I haven’t gotten ETH in my Treasury wallet yet. I’ve been waiting for 2 days

ETH sem poslal na 0x3F606b6286dcc9d69aba2F729190f0F4147a0F4B

It will not show in Trezor as I said in my previous response, please use 3rd party app to see this transaction

Internal transactions, despite the name, are not actual transactions. When two smart contracts "interact,’’ the product or consequence of this interaction is a transaction. However, that transaction does not exist on the ETH blockchain. They are value transfers that were initiated by executing a smart contract (smart contract Ether or token transfer). They are like a byproduct of smart contract functionality (see the source: https://support.bitpay.com/hc/en-us/articles/360050782511-What-are-Eth-Internal-Transactions- ).

The reason why you cannot see an internal transaction in Trezor Wallet/Trezor Suite is the backend that is used. Trezor Ethereum Blockbook at https://eth1.trezor.io/ does not know internal transactions, therefore it is not possible to show them. We are considering adding it in the future, but I cannot give you any ETA when it could be. Internal transactions are searchable on Etherscan https://etherscan.io/ though.

Meanwhile, for this kind of transaction, you can use MetaMask (Apps:MetaMask - Trezor Wiki ), MyEtherWallet (Apps:MyEtherWallet - Trezor Wiki ) or MyCrypto (Apps:MyCrypto - Trezor Wiki ). All of these applications are compatible with the Trezor device.

Is there an ETA of when this will occur? I can not view the ETH balance received in MEW or METAMASK. Where does the internal transaction go?

@neilm30 there is still no ETA for that as there are other important feature in our roadmap that we want to implement first.

Anyhow, internal transactions can be displayed and managed in MEW and Metamask so your issue will be most probably related to something else.
Have you already submit a request via our helpdesk ?

Thanks for the tip. I followed your instructions and connected Trezor to Metamask. However, I am still unable to see my ETH.

What needs to be done next to see this internal transaction on Trezor?

are you connected in MM to the same address where you sent your ETH?

I have the same issue as the above thread. I have setup Metamask and connected my Trezor but I can’t find the original Trezor address for Eth (destination address) in the list offered by MM nor can I find a search box to paste it into on MM. I understand now that the original issue is internal transaction vs actual blockchain recorded transaction but I just want to “see” the Eth somewhere. And then, how do I make them actionable on chain again?
Thank you for answering the same question for years now.

if you cannot see correct address, you are using wrong passphrase, leave the field empty if you want standard wallet.

Hello…I’ve just recently come across this problem. I have two questions…1, can I still send my full amount from my Trezor wallet to another wallet/exchange or just what I can see in Suite? 2, given Coinbase, a rather large exchange, apparently is now processing all ETH transfers via smart contracts, does Trezor plan to expedite this back end fix so that users can see their full balance? Seems a lot of users will not be interested in using Trezor if this isn’t addressed timely.

Thanks

yes, you can. Via 3rd party app as mentioned in the instructions.

yes, we are addresing this issue and and it should be fixed soon

Is there an updated timeline on adding these features?

Hi, came from another thread- I ve got apparently the same problem, as Coinbase seems to do a lot of transactions via smart contracts to save the transaction fees, it would be really really very nice to have specifically this feature added…

I have spent t some time researching, checking and thinking, naturally, that the funds got lost…

THX

they are not lost, please follow the instructions in the first post of this thread to see your coins.

We are working on this, an these transactions will be visible in Suite soon.

Hi, that is a good news, any ETA on the update…?

Hello, Is it possible to have further detail on this functions?
I just discovered this internal transaction nuisance and connected to metamask, but found a few problems:

1. The metamask data seems not complete (only show 1 activity instead of several)
  2. I still do not see the hidden transaction
  3. in a metamask article it seems to say that they do not show internal transaction
    In my case, it’s a fairly small amount, but I am really interested how i can see those transactions (and to know if the amount is lost or not).
    Thanks…