Eth address changed after firmware upgrade

Hi, I have several trezors (each one of my kids has a trezor where I deposit crypto instead of giving plastic toys for occasions).

One of the trezors is a trezor1 and something strange happened, the ETH address changed after a firmware upgrade.
Ofcourse I uysed the same seed after the upgrade.

Now, I know that trezors have up to 10 eth addresses and only the first one shows until you deposit some funds there and then you can see the next one by adding an account, but I cant find the address that I deposited the funds initially (I already deposited small amounts to the first eth address that was there as eth1, and added eth2 account but still its not the address I previously used).

Its only a small amount so no loss, but I need to figure this out before I deposit more funds there, because I dont want to have these problems after I deposit for a few years and then the address changes again.

How can I see all 10 addresses for my trezor1 wallet ?

Welcome to the 'I lost my address club" :slightly_smiling_face:

Do you already know that you can create hidden wallets, in addition to the basic standard one?

sure, but its not in the hidden one / I am assuming that the order of the 10 eth accounts changed after the firmware upgrade, thats my theory. And so my idea was to somehow display all the available accounts.

No, firmware update does not do things like this. I know for sure because we have automated tests for this sort of thing.

The issue is almost certainly either with the seed or with a passphrase.
You say you “used the same seed after the upgrade”. Does that mean that the upgrade wiped your Trezor and you had to recover? It is possible that you made a mistake during recovery that just happened to recover a valid seed (1 in 256 chance of that if you’re using a 24 word seed), or that you recovered from a different seed than what was originally on the Trezor.

Did you have any other funds on the Trezor besides the Ethereum? Are those present?

If it’s not the seed, then it could be a difference between Standard and Hidden wallet. But if you are only using Suite, it’s unlikely that you would confuse the two.
(If you’re using Metamask, on the other hand, it’s possible that you type in a passphrase and not realize that it is actually opening a hidden wallet. This is a very easy mistake to make, unfortunately, and we’re actively working on a new design that prevents it.)

Still, worth considering: did you maybe test out the “hidden wallet” feature and used the hidden address by mistake? You would need to remember the exact passphrase that you used before.

1 Like

Hi Matejcik - luckily it was only a small test transfer of eth before / i was testing the wallet for the kids and then after a while did the upgrade with full wallet recovery. I will check the hidden wallet again, this could be it, theoretically. I am not worried about the small transfer before, I just need to discover the reason why it happened so I wont be surprised when I have larger amounts.