ETC sent to the ETH address

Hi Pavel sorry I should of updated. I did follow your instructions above although switching for ETC derivation path and was able to recover my missing funds. Stressful morning. My fist venture into investing into cryptocurrency and although I was fully aware of the possibility of making a loss I was not prepared to having lost the invesment due to my own incompetence. Thankfully your instructions were spot on and I didn’t have to explain to the wife I just lost an Ethereum coin. Thank you for taking the time to reply. Greatly appreciated!

I did this and I can’t find my original address given by Trezor address apart from thousands of other addresses?

@Dunner

I left Trezor open in the background. Choose the ETH recieve funds, confirmed with Trezor and then copy and pasted.
I then opened the

through my browser and access my walet I have no special phrase so left it blank and then choose the ETC derivation path and found my ETH sitting there I input my cpied address from Trezor (double checked it matched like three to four times) and then changed the network it is directly underneath and you can select from various networks, i.e ETH, BTC etc… I can take a screenshot if you need.
I had to pay a gas fee then to transfer it form my Trezor back to my Trezor :unamused: $4 but I was able to find my lost ETH and it is now safely where it belongs.

I’ve done this without passphrase as I didn’t use one before but still nothing. Just empty accounts and addresses but I scanned and said it was transacted…what is going on…

Address is 0x3AdD921Fd6fec0148cC068396A8caA5e5C97231a

@Dunner

I am very new to crypto investing, recieved my first wallet on Saturday gone. And F##ked up on Sunday morning. Took me circa three hours before I found the right thread to help me solve my dilemma. Maybe you should post more info and a moderator with more experience will be better able to help you.

OK I got it!
Beware of the following:

1. Passphrase: Did you use a pass phrase with the original transaction
    A) If not do not enter a passphrase
    B) If you did enter the passphrase as you access the wallet through My Ether Wallet.

I will post instructions for people with the brains of builder or a toilet cleaner later after I finish in the pub.

PUB!!! Enjoy, lockdown here again, have a pint for me!

So first thing:

1. Go into your Trezor and on top beside Dashboard select accounts.

1. Select Ethereum Classic account
    (If you don’t see Ethereum Classic account click on plus side beside “my accounts” and an option will display “activate more coins” and simply select “Ethereum Classic”…NOT ETHEREUM!!.. were reversing the process here)

1. Now simply click on the receive tab and copy the address given to you.

1. Now go to https://www.myetherwallet.com/

5.Go to “access my wallet”

1. Scroll down and tab number three select “hardware wallets” with Trezor written underneath it.

2. Now select Trezor tab on the next page. (Next step is where it got tricky)

3. Your should be on page displaying “Select HD Derivation Path” with “Ethereum m/44’/60’/0’/0”

4. Click unlock wallet which can then allow you to access giving the option of passphrase…but be aware if “YOU DID NOT USE A PASSPHRASE DO NOT ENTER ONE” or if you did use a passphrase “ENTER THE PASSPHRASE”.

5. You will see the address to which you sent your Etheruem before it got lost in cryptoland and apply it and you should be taken to your Ethereum.

And hopefully please God you never have this experience again.

And this should definitely be more noted before transfer on the platform and yes it’s our responsibility to be aware of such things but it should also be a part of the business model to guide users so they don’t get bombed with unhappy stressed non-tech savvy people.

If there is an issue with this guide please say or if something is not clear please let me know.

Now I am wondering if I send this Ethereum will it show up on my Trezor?

These instructions worked but there was some tweaks I had to make myself.

So before I make any sudden move how to transfer our Ethereum to our Trezor from MyEtherWallet?

Hi @Dunner

Firstly, thanks for sharing the solution of your issue and for your suggestion about showing derivation paths. Already discussed, not implemented yet, though.

Secondly, as for the documentation, you are absolutely right, we have been working on it but there is still a lot to be covered. Trezor Suite is a new app, more detailed manual is about to come. So far, there is some basic information Suite manual:Receiving payments - Trezor Wiki

As for receiving Ethereum, simply create ETH account the same way you added your ETH Classic account. When you have your ETH account, use its receiving address to receive ETH and ERC20 tokens. One ETH account can receive ETH and multiple ERC20 tokens, meaning you don’t need to generate for each token a new ETH account/address.

As for other apps, you can use Trezor with any compatible app you like. See them listed https://wiki.trezor.io/Apps. MyEtherWallet is also an option. By using the same seed (stored on your Trezor device) and the same passphrase (if enabled and used) you will be always given the same list of accounts and addresses no matter what app is used with Trezor.

No problem, but to avoid any other mistakes or confusion with your clients I will apply more imagery for each step.

I will add more image instructions to the steps after I release my Eth to my Trezor.

I added Ethereum (not classic) account but the address just says invalid.

Any reason why this could be happening?

I unlocked my Ethereum after a couple hours of tweaking.

I had to adjust the derivation on it though going from Eth to Eth classic.

But now for some reason can not send the Eth from the MEW, just says invalid address.

I have copied an address from the Ethereum account from the suite but does not allow me to send it.

I feel you.

Basically what you need to do first is…don’t panic the Ethereum is still there. Its just you have created a block on the wrong side of the chain but can reclaim it.

When your on the part that says: Select HD Derivation Path, choose Ethereum Classic because this is the path you sent it too. Unselect Ethereum and go to Eth Classic. There it will be very top. Hope it helps.

Are you referring to this warning in Trezor Suite?
Screenshot 2021-09-01 at 20-49-57 Send

If so, then click on Convert to checksum address

Instruction number 8 by the way select Derivation Path “Ethereum Classic” otherwise you won’t see your Ethereum since you never used the “Ethereum” path.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Sending coins to a wrong address

Hi, I have the same problem :-/ I’m following the instructions and I assume in this step I have to select my ETC wallet where I wrongly sent ETH, is that right? There are hundreds of addresses here, how do I find mine?

select ETH derivation path as instructed, then choose the address and then switch to ETC network.

we did it! thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like