Error updating firmware. Unable to enter seed

After updating firmware on Trezor T I got an error (device locked).
Afterwards I tried to enter my seed but Trezor has a problem.
For example. I put in the word PET. After I put in the P the suggested word is PATCH. After puting in the E for less then a second it wil show PD and afterwards again PATCH. Lucky enough I have a Trezor 1 also and that one works perfect. But now I cannot get to my Cardano in my Yoroi account that I connected to my Trezor T. Is there a way to reinstall the firmware to the Model T.

Hi @VEJ66

assuming you have done dry run recovery before updating your firmware as recommended (thus you’re sure you have correct recovery seed) I suggest you to do the factory reset of your device.
Once connected in bootloader mode, confirm the connection to Trezor Wallet on your device.

And proceed to factory reset (see picture below):

Click the Reset Device button and confirm the action on your device.

Your Trezor will then be empty. Reconnect the device and install the firmware. Once the firmware is installed, you can continue to Recovery process

Ok I got so far as to factory reset the Trezor T. It again updated the firmware. This time without an error.
But I can still not insert the seed.
Still the same problem:

For example. I put in the word PET. After I put in the P the suggested word is PATCH. After puting in the E for less then a second it wil show PD and afterwards again PATCH

Thanks for helping.

Found out why I could not get the Factory Settings. You need to go to wallet.trezor.io and not to the suite.trezor.io

1 Like

Is there a way to put in the seed on the computer like with the Trezor 1??

Trezor T has a T9-style keypad. So in order to enter the letter E you have to tap the “def” tile two times.
(not only once, otherwise letter D will be entered and it will go back to previous word after a second or so as there is no such a word starting with PD… in the list of all possible seed words)

1 Like

If this is correct I will be very ashamed. :scream: :crazy_face:

If it makes you feel any better I did exactly the same mistake while ago (before I started to work for the company). But I think we can both agree that it is actually very well designed and makes perfect sense now :slight_smile:

Jep it is. Hopefully Trezor will be able to integrate other crypto. Trying to find my Cardano right now.

Native support of ADA in Trezor Suite is on the roadmap.
For now you can use e.g. AdaLite or Yoroi as those apps are pairable with Trezor (meaning that you just use their interface in order to manage your coins but your private keys are always securely kept offline on your Trezor).
More info over here.