Device detected in incorrect state

Hey Guys,

Just received my tresor today and ran the .AppImage file to use the tresor suite. But, immediately I am getting the message “Device detected in incorrect state” . Please see image below. I just pluged it in and ran the file : Trezor-Suite-22.12.1-linux-x86_64.AppImage.

I just received this usb cable and I tried unplugging and putting it back in, but still the same issue. Please advise.

Thank you.

Hi @maertokic23,

try to factory reset your Trezor. You need to connect your device in bootloader mode first. In order to do that, swipe your finger across the screen while simultaneously plugging the cable into your Trezor Model T, or if you have Trezor Model One, connect it while using your index and middle finger to hold both buttons pressed.

You should see the green cogwheel button, click it to open the device settings where you should see “Factory reset” button.

Beware, a factory reset will completely erase your device, including firmware and your private keys. Therefore, make sure you have your recovery seed and passphrase (if used).

Reconnect your Trezor and follow the instructions to install the firmware, recover your wallet, and set up a PIN.

Information on the recovery of your wallet with recovery seed and passphrase (if used) here:

recovery - Trezor Model One
recovery - Trezor Model T

If the issue persists, please reach out to support via the chat speech bubble in the bottom right corner on the following page:

Once you get your ticket number let me know here.