Couldn't open wallet: Could not connect to the device Trezor ▫

I installed monero-gui-wallet. Created a hardware wallet to work with my Trezor Model T. I then transferred money from Exodus to the monero-gui wallet. From Exodus it shows the XMR as successfully sent. I believe I omitted the steps to confirm the transaction the Trezor device itself. Now when I try to access the wallet from monero-gui-wallet I get error:

Couldn’t open wallet: Could not connect to the device Trezor

In hindsight, I don’t believe I missed any steps now on the Trezor device. That is only required when sending XMR from the monero-gui-wallet to Exodus. So now just wondering why I’m getting the error opening the wallet?

Hi @chucker8

Please, check the following:

• Make sure, your Trezor is running the latest firmware.
  • After successful installation of Trezor Bridge, you should see “trezord” process running in your activity/system/task monitor. If you cannot see the process running in the background, please try to reinstall it again, from this source Trezor Wallet
  • Also certain advanced Firewall or Antivirus settings, may cause connectivity issues, therefore please try to disable them as well.
  • On top of that, use only one application/website/browser tab with Trezor at a time. It is possible that they are clashing each other.

Let us know how did it go.

I got it to work! thankyou

1 Like

That’s a great news. Thanks for letting us know.