Connected to M1 macbook but no data displayed

Hi all
I new here and new to trezor. I Connected my trezor1 to windows computer that was so easy transferred btc into the wallet everything displayed on suite prefect things like balance and history. Then installed the suite on MacBook pro everything was easy to install connected trezor and connects has connected on the top left but it cant any display any data like balances history says $0 balance connect to my PC everything happy once again.
some things to highlight when connecting to my mackbook first time it said firmware already installed any suggestions would be appreciated.

ok it works on the web version I will now I try to rest the app

Hi @happybitty,

try resetting the Trezor Suite. You can reset Trezor Suite in “Settings” (gearwheel symbol in the top right part of Trezor Suite). Navigate to the “Application” tab and select “Reset app”.

If it doesn’t help, please try to uninstall your Trezor Suite desktop application, download the latest installation file from this source Trezor Suite App (Official) | Desktop & Web Crypto Management and install it again.

Also, make sure that the account of desired coin type is enabled. Accounts can be enabled in “Settings” under the “Crypto” tab.