Cannot find trezor account to import to ronin

Hello guys anyone can help me please .
I’ve previously imported a trezor account to my old ronin wallet and transfer all my assets to this hardware. Now I logged out my account and create a NEW ronin wallet.
When I logged back in to my old account, the ronin address for the account is missing from the list of accounts to import from trezor. How can I recover that account? I have the addrsss with me but I can’t find it. I find the same problem on reddit but not convince on how he retrive his account. Please help.
My ronin ending letters are fcff cannot be found here in attached photo

Hello guys anyone can help me please .
I’ve previously imported a trezor account to my old ronin wallet and transfer all my assets to this hardware. Now I logged out my account and create a NEW ronin wallet.
When I logged back in to my old account, the ronin address for the account is missing from the list of accounts to import from trezor. How can I recover that account? I have the addrsss with me but I can’t find it. I find the same problem on reddit but not convince on how he retrive his account. Please help.

Hi @Patty

Generally, when the same recovery seed is used and the same passphrase is entered (if enabled and used), the same wallet is accessed. There is no exception. It always generates the same wallet including the same accounts having the same addresses in the same order. The public-key cryptography ensures it generates always the same result.
The only explanation for your issue can be that the account/adress in question (ending …fcff) was derived from different seed (passphrase) than list of the addresses you have provided.
Note: you can import up to 50 accounts linked to your Trezor, did you check the whole list ?

Thanks for the help. I figure it out now Im unconciuosly type mispelled passphrase .Thank you so much!

1 Like

no worries. It’s the most common issue when desired address/account generated by Trezor can’t be found.
Anyway, I am glad your issue has been resolved! :+1:

1 Like

Hi, i faced the same issue too but in my case I may have use a different passphrase that i no longer remember. Is there any possibility to recover my asset? I send some SLP to this account when i first connect them.

It’s still in my Ronin wallet for that address but i cannot figure out what is the correct passphrase anymore.

Appreciate you help.

1 Like

Hey there Dandy,

unfortunately there is no way to recover your passphrase. You are the only one who would know it and it should have been written down at the start.

Sorry for the bad news!

2 Likes

ya i suspect so. I have to keep retrying possible passphrase that I have key in then. thanks.

To explain my issue better for a few purposes:

• see if there is possibility to recover my fund
  • avoid future mistakes
  • for others to refer
  • to understand better about the tech

Seems to me that the Ronin account created is a function of the Ethereum account on Trezor plus the Passphrase that we key in twice when we connect the wallet.

Is that passphrase stored on also Trezor?

For a new user like me, I did not know the passphrase used to export the address actually is unique. I thought that is for security of making sure the request to access is coming from the right device. Hence, asking user to key in twice each time on PC and verify that on Trezor.

In my case, I have exported 1 account to my Ronin Wallet on Google Chrome earlier.
A few days later when I decided in needed another account to keep my SLP token without mixing up the those in the 1st account, I tried on Google Chrome to connect hardware wallet to export another. However, I was unable to do so, it just stuck at loading page (TrezorConnect | Trezor) to connect the Trezor. [Apparently later i found out restarting the PC makes this work again]

Hence, i thought there is browser issue and used Brave browser instead.
Here i connect hardware wallet in Ronin Wallet, here I might have accidentally used another passphrase or there is typo in my usual passphrase (which I can no longer find out is what now), I imported from a set of addresses an account to Ronin Wallet in Brave browser.

Then i proceed with sending fund from Google Chrome’s Ronin Wallet Account 1 to this new Wallet address, without even creating an account in Axie Marketplace first. The fund was received successfully and I can see that in my Brave browser’s Ronin Wallet.

However, a few days later (now), i try to access to the fund and wanted to send it out to someone. First thing on Ronin Wallet it cant send that out because the is no gas (0/100), said I used up the free for daily. So I can see them in the Ronin Wallet extension but I cannot send them. I found some posts online saying I need to create the account on Marketplace first. (meaning the Ronin Wallet there is just a display of the info, not necessarily means you having the access to move the fund, right?)

Then i go to the marketplace, here is where i faced the issue when trying to connect Ronin Wallet to create an account. The Ronin Wallet on Brave Browser just wont show up. It works fine when I use software wallet and create account like usual and it can access. Pretty sure it’s with Trezor only.

After multiple tries to export the same account to Google Chrome now that I know it just a bug or something that the Trezor stuck at loading page to connect, I could not find back the same account. There I start to find out about the passphrase issue.

Appreciate if someone can help to answer is there possibility that I can recover my fund.
Is the passphrase stored on Trezor or it’s not.
If this is not, the passphrase is as important as the seed phrase for that set of 50 accounts.
There should be a UI message to inform users to write them down and secure them the same like seed phrase then, otherwise losing the passphrase is as good as losing the access to all the 50 accounts.

Also, it always say it’s exporting account of Ethereum #1, it there only one Ethereum account in Trezor or there could be more? I still cant believe I have key in a passphrase that I dont remember at all. I have checked 5 sets of accounts (5 different passphrases that i might have used) that are linked to this Ethereum #1 account but none of them match. Could there be a different Ethereum account?

Thanks in advance.

nevermind i found the answer i think.

Lesson learnt.

in the vast majority of cases where users cannot find their addresses, the reason is the passphrase:

Mistyping the passphrase will generate a completely new wallet. There is no such thing as an “incorrect passphrase”, so whatever you provide as your input will be used in the process of deriving a wallet and its accounts.

Because of this feature it is crucial to enter exactly the same input in order to access he same wallet including the same accounts having the same addresses in the same order. The public-key cryptography ensures it generates always the same result.

Hi! What if the wallet used is a standard wallet with the same issue? Can it still be recovered even after ejecting it?

hi @James by standard wallet do you mean hot wallet (Ronin default wallet) or cold wallet (Trezor hardware wallet not protected by passphrase) ?

@zapla A Ronin wallet connected to a Trezor Standard Wallet without passphrase. Tried to recover with seed but it seems my Ronin account that is connected to Trezor One is missing. All of my passphrase are working ang checked all wallets and all of the 50 accounts are still not used (same as the OP posted). Also tried using without passphrase to use the Standard Wallet but to no avail.

I see. If you need to access the account/address that was created in default (not passphrase protected wall) simply leave the passphrase empty - do not put any entry.

If you enter an empty passphrase (no passphrase at all), the device will proceed exactly as if the passphrase feature had not been activated at all, and generate a wallet from your recovery seed stored on the device.

Did all that but I still see all 50 are unused. I dont know where I did a wrong step. Start the Trezor Suite software > on my browser I log-in in my Ronin Chrome extension > select the hardware Ronin account I already created before > try to log-in on the market place > selected Using Ronin to log-in > popups Trezor export account, enable > used passphrase for hidden wallet or no passphrase for standard wallet > then it stops there. Waited for a couple of minutes, nothing. Used Metamask to log-in, same issue. Tried to create a new account with and without passphrase, all 50 unused.

consider also the fact that you could’ve made a typo when creating hidden wallet in the first place so now you’d have to reproduce it (make the same typo again) in order to access the same wallet with same accounts.

note: a space (blank) is a valid character as well

1 Like

I have 12 Account created on Trezor Wallet then i accidentally created 1trezor metamask account that replaced my 1st Ronin wallet in trezor. now i cant claim my assets on the 1st account because the address has removed on my trezor wallet and i cant find it…
can i recover it ?