Balance shows as zero

I purchased a Trezor 1 about 3 months ago. I moved BTC onto the device, then stored it away. Today I took the device out and I logged into it. Passcode works fine. only to find that the balance shows as 0 BTC. I know the passcode and I know the seed phrases. Device seems to working correctly except no balance shows and I am positive there were BTC on the device.

1 Like

hi @klobs is there any Tx history that caused your balance to be incorrect ?

No, there is no balance or history at all showing on the device. The PIN works and I was able to confirm the ‘seed’, but for some reason the device essentially has no history and therefore no balance. I had confirmed the balance was on it before i stored it away.

then you are using different passphrase thus accessing different wallet.
Note that you have to enter exactly the same passphrase in order to access the same wallet repeatedly. Mistyping the passphrase will generate a completely new wallet (which is most probably your case now). There is no such thing as an “incorrect passphrase”, so whatever you provide as your input will be used in the process of deriving a wallet.

You can conveniently check if you are accessing same wallet by comparing the addresses (the receiving address from the transfer you mentioned and the receiving address you can generate in the wallet you are accessing now) as they have to be the same.