Address unknown trezor metamask ▫

When I initially connected the wallets I made a pass phrase. I havent been asked for that phrase since. I’m not really sure on the question. I’m kind of new. I use this wallet all the time w Exodus and never had a problem. I figured it was the same…lol

I’m not sure exactly which one I chose. Besides knowing I did make the pass phrase. I can see my crypto do would that mean it’s not a hidden wallet?

I have the SAME EXACT problem. Was an conclusive solution post on this blog?? Many other people seem to have the SAME problem which leads me to believe it is NOT an isolated, rare, instance but rather a common problem. IF it is a common problem why is there not an easy “always works” solution? Can anyone send a concise, accurate solution for ALL of us? OR out of the solutions that are posted which one is the correct one? Thank you,
I have been afraid to try to recover (create a new account) the account at this point after reading how a member of this blog LOST fund following instructions that were given here…Shouldn’t simply recovering the account and/or creating a new wallet fix everything?

Given the number of responses someone at Trezor or myetherwallet should provide a concise step by step answer. I also have an “Old Trezor
(prior to Trezor Suite) to myetherwallet” problem that seems to be the main problem for everyone else. Has anyone made a youtube presentation of a screenshot sequence?? Please let the rest of us know. Thank you,

1 Like

Hi @rojo,

There seldom is one solution that “always works”. And in this case, if we look at the subject of this forum thread - “Address unkown trezor metamask” - there can be different causes of this problem, therefore one has to assume that when people post here with “I have this exact problem too” or similar wording, they mean they have experienced the issue in the topic subject, not necessary from the same cause as other posters in this thread has.

When that’s said, there are usually some guidelines to observe and a checklist of things to try. These are generally more specific, the more we know about your specific problem situation. Remember that we can’t see what you see on your screen and what you experience, so it’s important to be as specific as possible when you post here.

For instance, if it’s a Hidden wallet and Passphrase issue, then it may help to unselect the Remember feature.

Other times it may help to update Trezor Bridge.

Or it may help to clear the browser’s cache when you visit Metmask.

The list of possible fixes go on …

Really? That’s really unfortunate. Where did you read this (link)?

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Address is unknown

I set up my Trezor wallet, connected it to Metamask and transferred tokens into it. However, upon attempting to transfer from my Trezor Metamask account the transactions are failing and I am receiving the Error: Uknown Address.

I have taken advice from other posts and connected to MEW to confirm that the tokens are visible there. I believe this may be a passphrase issue, as suggested in other posts. However, i cannot recall using a passphrase.

I have tried not entering a passphrase when attempting a transaction, which has been unsuccessful. Does this mean that i have used a passphrase and need to try guessing it until I remember the correct one?

Thank you in advance.

3 Likes

I don’t know if my issue is the same but somehow my MM Trezor account can receive funds but not send it out so my ETH is stuck in it and I can’t even use it to Buy or Send. The transaction doesn’t go through, no etherscan history.

It won’t even transfer back to my main MM account.

2 Likes

I made a passphrase protected wallet once trezor suite was out, I know my password, i am able to open the passphrase protected one in the suite app, a password was never an option at least to my knowledge in early 2020 using JUST MM and the Trezor Device.
Like everyone else says here, you can transfer INTO the account but not OUT of it.
Also Nothing shows up on ethscan while attempting to withdraw, but it will show up for a transfer INTO the account.
I am a fairly paranoid human so I do not think this is a virus / compromised network since my other wallets are safe and functional.
It is very unfortunate trezor had this app update without any warnings, or a note saying to transfer out of the old hardwallet on mm to the new app / MM function.

once i try to open MM on a new pc It will create a new wallet address with no coins.

I will try to get this step by step log done, but it’s causing a lot of anxiety so i’ll do my best.

2 Likes

I have the same problem, I never used the password function, I created the new account in trezor metamasck, I transferred my funds and now they cannot be moved.
We need an urgent solution, each day that passes is a waste of time and money.

1 Like

Hi @ElMoly11, are you receiving the “Error:Unknown Address” message
As suggested in this thread, you can try connecting to MyEtherWallet, for instance: https://wiki.trezor.io/Apps:MyEtherWallet
If you are using the same private keys (seed+passphrase, if used) you should see your funds in MEW as well. Can you execute the transaction there?

@ElMoly11 I am certainly not suggesting creating multiple hidden wallets. As you can see in the screenshot you posted, the wallet (created by Trezor) is not connected.
Have you tried making the transaction in MyEtherWallet? Are you getting any error messages when making a transaction in MetaMask?

@ElMoly11 I see! Thanks for sharing the error message with us. Unfortunately, this only refers to not having the correct private keys in your device. Have you recovered your wallet with a seed recently? If yes, you can wipe the device and then import to it the recovery seed you are 100% sure represents the wallet you’re searching for.

1 Like

But what seeds do you mean? to that of the trezor or that of metamask ??.
I have the trezor a few days ago, just install the suite, create the account in metamask and now this happens to me. I am totally sure that I chose standard wallet, as well as how you can see it happened to other users, it is not a misuse or ignorance

1 Like

Pudiste solucionar amigo?

If you have use the address derived from your Trezor recovery seed (not the MetaMask one) you are suppose to recover your wallet using Trezor recovery seed.

After you do that please go to your Standard wallet (as you are totally sure that you have chose standard wallet before) and navigate to your ETH account. When you generate the receiving address, are you getting this one: 0x13cC…869C ?

I already resolved it. Apparently that address was created with a password and after 3 days of trying and trying thousands of combinations I could find it.
Now let me leave you a comment, to you it seems functional and predictive that in the initial menu of the trazor suite it has the option of hidden wallet ???, they should get it out of there right now, a lot of people are losing their funds. It is something very sensible to add a 25 ° to our seed phrase, as there is not a more important warning? As they don’t ask for another factor before adding one more word to the seed ??, this alternative of a hidden wallet should be at the bottom of the most hidden options and you DO NOT just enter the application.
In my case, the first wallet I made was the standard one, but then when I wanted to use it I got the pass window and understanding that it was a validator of the transaction I put a password, but I never thought that that simple step, without any warning, would be generating another wallet to which I transferred all my funds !!!, it is crazy that it is that simple … take out that option now !!, if we already have our seed words, why the hell do we want to add one more word? .
I’m sorry for my euphoric expression, but understand that it is delicate and how it happened to several already. Because also, if I lost everything with my seed, I could even recover the PIN, but with my seed and without my secret phrase, no? Do you really think it’s okay?
Like everything in security, it is important to have more, but when there is a lot of it it becomes dangerous, it is like having so many keys in a door that the day the house burns down, you will not be able to leave …
And I add that I am very dissatisfied with their responses, almost those of a watsapp bot.

Greetings to the entire community and I hope you can solve it

1 Like

I am glad that your issue has been resolved and you were able to access desired wallet again.

Please note that when you connect your Trezor, Suite presents you with Standard/Hidden wallet selector with a note that Passphrases add a custom phrase to your recovery seed which creates a hidden wallet (and each of these wallets can use its own passphrase) as seen on the picture below.

By using the passphrase feature, you, the user, gain lots of additional personal responsibility in direct proportion to the security enhancements.

Anyway, your feedback has been forwarded to our Product team that is constantly improving the UI and UX.

The warning was not on that initial screen, the error occurred when you wanted to use my standard wallet and I got the screen that I attach in the image … here it does not make any warning. I repeat, I already understood that I had generated my wallet correctly and that this step was a validation.

I have the same problem. i transferred BNB to the metamask with trezor wallet and some other tokens.
But after that I can no long do anything with the tokens inside the MM w/ trezor. cannot withdraw/swap.
it says unknown address. any fix for this? please mention me. thanks

1 Like